Estimates show that 22 million Americans experience sleep apnea. Eighty percent of the moderate to severe cases of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) haven’t received a diagnosis.
This translates to about 4,400,000 individuals diagnosed with OSA. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) is the gold standard for treatment.
CPAPs need careful cleaning to prevent bacteria growth in the tubing and mask. The Lumin CPAP cleaning machine makes this process faster and easier.
How to Manually Clean Your CPAP Mask and Accessories
Germs can collect in different parts of the CPAP machine. They can grow on the mask, tubing, and humidifier. Decreasing the number of germs on a regular basis lowers your risk for illness.
To prevent the growth of germs, you must clean and maintain your CPAP equipment on a routine basis. It works best when you can incorporate it into your regular routine. Regular cleaning of the mask will increase its lifespan.
Clean the mask and accessories as follows:
- Every day, wash with warm water and mild soap
- You can use CPAP mask specific wipes
- Rinse with water and allow to dry on a clean cloth out of direct sunlight
- Once a week, soak the mask in a solution of 1-part vinegar and 3 parts water
- Rinse with distilled water
- Clean CPAP tubing weekly in warm, soapy water, rinse well, sit out to dry out of sunlight
Significance of Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner
Making the life of a sleep apnea patient easier is the primary task of Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner. It becomes all the more significant because of the following reasons:
- It sanitizes both heated and non-heated CPAP machines and accessories.
- No power adapter needed at the time of sanitization.
- Very easy to sanitize the CPAP (with just one click of a button).
- It uses active oxygen to sanitize the CPAP components.
What Is UV-C Light Disinfection?
There are 3 types of UV rays. These include UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C. UV-C rays have more energy than the other two types of rays.
This high energy reacts with the ozone high in the atmosphere. This prevents UV-C rays from reaching the Earth.
UV-C rays are man-made on Earth. Industry uses these rays in arc welding torches, mercury lamps, and sanitizing bulbs.
The Lumin CPAP mask cleaner uses UV-C light to disinfect the mask and accessories. As mentioned, the UV-C light source uses a narrow range of light that is not naturally present on the Earth. Special lamps create this targeted light.
UV-C has proven effective in killing harmful bacteria, viruses, mold, and fungus. Hospital operating rooms and sterile clean rooms use this same UV-C light. This light kills 99.99% of germs that can cause infection and illness.
The Lumin CPAP Mask and Accessories Cleaner
Many CPAP users do not follow the recommended cleaning schedule for their CPAP mask and accessories. A CPAP cleaning machine can automate this process. This makes cleaning faster and easier.
The Lumin CPAP cleaner uses UV light to disinfect your CPAP equipment. This machine allows you to clean your mask and humidifier chamber in the Lumin’s cleaning drawer. The cleaning process takes only 5 minutes.
This process does not need any liquid, so all your equipment remains dry. You can also disinfect other items such as nebulizer masks, hearing aids, and children’s toys or pacifiers.
This machine requires no replacement items other than sanitizer filters. The Lumin provides a user-friendly and stylish design that fits into your routine and environment. When the drawer is open, the light automatically shuts off to prevent exposure.
Advantages of the Lumin CPAP Cleaner
The Lumin CPAP cleaner has the following advantages:
- It weighs only 5.5 pounds and measures 12.25”L x 8.5”W x 7.75”H
- Storage temperature ranges from 0 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- It can operate in temperatures between 20 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- It can stand humidity levels up to 93% without condensing
This model takes up less space at home and makes travel less cumbersome.
Things to Remember When Using Your CPAP Cleaning Machine
There are several things to keep in mind when using your Lumin CPAP Cleaner.
- It cannot remove dirt or debris—you must clean the mask, water chamber, etc.
- It cannot disinfect the inside of your tubing system or nasal pillow—you must hand wash them
- Only wipe the inside of the aluminum-coated Lumin CPAP tray with a soft cotton cloth without chemical cleaners
- Keep the machine away from water
- Keep the machine away from children
The Lumin sanitizer makes a smart investment. This decreases the time needed to maintain your machine. It also helps you stay healthy.
Step-by-step Guide to Using the Lumin CPAP Cleaner
The Lumin CPAP machine can clean and sterilize anything that you can fit in the drawer. This machine is easy to use. The Lumin has only one button that you need to push that starts the cleaning cycle.
Here are the simple steps for using your Lumin cleaner:
- Wipe the inside of your mask and cushion using Lumin disinfectant wipe to remove physical residue
- When cleaning your humidifier water chamber, place it in the Lumin drawer face up
- When cleaning your mask, lay the mask face up in the drawer
- Close the door and press the only button on the machine
- After 5 minutes, the cleaning is complete, and the mask or water chamber is ready for use
- You can disassemble the mask or run a second cycle after turning the object over if it needs increased disinfection
You should clean your mask every day. Only one cycle is generally needed.
Some individuals have asked if the Lumin machine will damage their CPAP equipment. The answer is “no”.
Long exposure time to UV-C can cause plastics and silicone to weaken. However, the Lumin cycle only takes 5 minutes. This means that over one year of daily use, there is only a total actual exposure time of 30 hours.
Accelerated aging tests show no damage in more than 150 hours of testing. This translates to about 5 years of use every day.
Are You Interested in a CPAP Cleaning Machine?
Our company is dedicated to your high quality of life, health, and sleep. We offer supplies for all your CPAP needs. You can find CPAP cleaners, parts, equipment, and accessories.
If you found this article about the Lumin CPAP mask and accessories cleaner informative, continue to shop our site. We want to help you get a good night’s sleep.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Share on google
- CPAP Cleaers
- mold and bacteria
- respiratory health